3.01.2005

on the sunny side of the street

It seems like everyday I have the intention of doing big things. On my drive to work, I can’t wait to get back home to get things done. I’m thinking about the dishes in the sink, the clothes that need to be washed, the inches of dust on the tables, the books I want to read, the movies I want to watch, the friends I want to call, the letters I want to write, the blogs I want to read, the things I want to say on my blog, etc. etc. As you can see it’s an exhausting list. It’s really just a caffeine effect. By the time I get to work I am in the zone; working with kids, assessing their progress minute by minute, I love it. Then, on the way home I’m thinking about the above laundry list, but once I open the door to my apartment I go straight to the computer, check my usual blogs and emails. Then, I forget all about the things that seemed so important in the early morning coffee rush. I say, “screw it” to the dishes in the sink and I usually just find one thing to occupy my time. It might be a purse I want to design, a friend I need to talk to for hours, or my list of TiVoed specials. It’s usually nothing fantastic. The funny thing is that the days where I come home and run around like a spinning top and get everything in order, I feel so much better. My mind is sharper and I can take on the world. I think that it’s those days that I woke up on the right side of the bed. It’s those days where I tend to walk on the sunny side of the street.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~