5.17.2005

happy belated birthday to kristin

This is late partly because I suck and partly because we (Kristin’s friends) are just tonight celebrating her birthday in town. This is the invite that was sent:

To celebrate Kristin's birthday and Norway's independence day...we are
going to KUBA KUBA!

That's right...
Kristin is good friends with M. K....
whose Sunday School teacher is V...
who is first cousins with Johnny Depp...
who was in What's Eating Gilbert Grape with Leonardo DiCaprio...
who was in Marvin's Room with Diane Keaton...
who was in Godfather III with Andy Garcia...
who is Cuban...
which is why we are going to Kuba Kuba!!

Kristin is Norwegian down to the tall, thin, blond hair. She even grew up there. That’s crazy to me and when she came back to this country at the ripe old pubescent age of 12, she donned the feathered haircut of a Dynasty character. She thought that was her gateway to the cool factor in America. I think she might have been wrong.

Kristin is way cool though. She knows EVERYONE. She knows more people at my alma mater, post graduating, than I do. That shows her cool factor right there. And it might show my lame factor, but this is not about me.

Kristin really is linked to me through people who know people who went to college with her. It’s a bit strange how our worlds are connected, but that we didn’t meet until she was accidentally given a 2nd grade teaching placement in one of my schools. It’s like kismet.

Since our recognition of stars aligning and finding our friendship, she has broadened my world by book readings, movies, dinners out, and poker parties. She introduced me to more people in Richmond in the past few months than I’ve met in the last 2 years. She’s cool like that.

She’s also got an activist’s heart and impresses the importance of her causes with gentle ease. She’ll get you involved or at least conscious of her causes without dragging you into it. That’s cool to me.

She’s ready and willing to get hitched should the correct boy come along and baby, I’m right there with you. We’re both waiting and searching, but I have a feeling that she will find a great love. One who is smart and kind and compliments her and brings her joy. She certainly deserves it.

See, I told she was cool and she deserves a Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kristin!!!!!!!!!!!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~