5.09.2005

tiny fruits



I've loved marzipan since I was introduced to it in small doses at an early age. I adored the shapes, the tiny fruits, the little animals. The creativity fascinated me. So much so that when I would get a box on trips to Europe, I would have trouble eating what I considered to be precious etible art.

This is what my Mother sent back from her trip to Provence. There seems to be, in minature form, a pear, an orange, a lime, a raspberry, a cluster of green grapes, and two apples, stems and all. I'm grateful because I haven't tasted the concentrated almond treats in years. But really, given the choice, I would rather have gone to France.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~