8.25.2005

today is the day

Today is the day. And you have no idea what I’m talking about, but today is a fairly big day. You see, ‘round about April (or was it March?) I got the idea of doing my own little version of Lent, but Blogger style.

The idea went no where for a long while because that little thing inside my head that collects information, organizes it into some sort of semi-coherent dribble then transfers it to my fingers which then type it out and click “Publish Post” just wasn’t working on most days in the Springtime.

For some reason, Summer was the time. I tried in June, but vacation interrupted it. Then July looked promising, but something happened and I have no idea what. Then in mid-July it starting clicking and by day 20 I knew I could do it.

It took 40 days, and sometimes nights, but my Blogger style Lent finally happened. It began on July 15 and ended today, 40 days, 40 nights. Read ‘em and weep, or laugh, or get bored, or whatever.

Not every one of the 40 posts is as fabulous as I am, but hey, nothing really is. My goal was to put something up everyday. And because of this my blog now has an even bigger role in my life. It’s always in the back of my head now. I brought new obsession to “What will I blog about today?”

Some days I cheated, but only slightly. When you come home after midnight and have not seen hide nor hair of Internet access, well those are the days that you tell Blogger to fudge the date a little. Technically though, those posts were done during that “day” because a day to me extends from wake-up to sleep, not 12 to 12.

They say it takes 10 days to make a habit of something. I say it takes 40. Let’s just see if I can keep it up, maybe reach for the sky, like 100 straight days of posting, or maybe posting ‘til Christmas. And yes, you can check my truthfulness all you want, but just know that I (almost) never lie.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~