7.14.2006

stangers in a strange world

“I can’t do this,” I said into the phone standing on the street.

“Oh. Yes you can. What are you wearing?” she asked.

“Jeans and a t-shirt."

"Perfect. It’s casual. If you detach yourself, you can do anything. And then you can write about it. It’s an assignment.”

“OK. You’re right.”

“Now go in.”

It turns out I couldn’t. Well, I did and I didn’t. When it comes to strangers my timid little heart just can’t bare it. I can be brazen and loud, but strangers cause my little mouth to close right up. And so I didn’t. I walked into the room, and even talked to a waitress explaining that I was meeting a group of people I didn’t know. She said that no one else had come in with the same request. So I waited, went to the bathroom and then bolted to eventually end up in the house of an old, old friend where we watched The Passion of the Christ. From one painful excursion to another. Sometimes, it just goes like that.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~