12.29.2004

so this is christmas

I've been gone entirely too long. I realize that. I planned a short visit home, but then the days kept getting longer and then suddenly it's four days later than I had planned. At least your stay at home is never unwelcomed. I miss blogland and I'll return soon. In the meantime, think of all the red velvet cake, maryalice cookies, noel nut balls, biscuits, over easy eggs, ham, pork tenderloin and oyster stew that I've eaten (I know, some of that sounds gross, but what can you do with family traditions?). Soon, I'm heading home to my very own apartment where I hope my highly flammable dried out tree has not burned down the whole complex. I'll be sleeping under my new down comforter, waking to grind coffee and brew it in my new french press and scramble some eggs in my new cast iron skillet. Then I'll be returning some clothes that, let's face even though Mom had good intentions, are more old lady than hip young single girl, then I'll be spending my Barnes and Nobles giftcard money and downloading songs from iTunes. Altogether, not a bad haul and yes, I wish you had been here the whole time!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~