6.22.2005

some things are universal and they are all the color of indigo

Two girls with guitars, acoustic ones at that, playing to mass of people. My friends and I looked at each other in amazement that two girls with guitars could do this. And I talked about the lyrics and she talked about the harmonies. There is something about them that is universal. They get what we all long for. If you are not moved by these lyrics then I’m not sure we can be friends.


what makes me think i could start clean slated
the hardest to learn was the least complicated

“Least Complicated” by Indigo Girls

It’s amazing to my how the Indigo Girls songs are so much a part of my brain. A song would start and I couldn’t place the name, but all of a sudden I would be singing every word, like my mouth couldn’t help but sing along like I have done so often on cars rides, in dorm rooms, where ever girls are gathered. Because if you are an American girl between 20-35 and you don’t know who the Indigo Girls are, then well, I’m not sure we can be friends.


I'm trying to tell you something about my life
Maybe give me insight between black and white
The best thing you've ever done for me
Is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all
Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable
And lightness has a call that's hard to hear
I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it, I'm crawling on your shore.

I went to the doctor, I went to the mountains
I looked to the children, I drank from the fountain
There's more than one answer to these questions
pointing me in crooked line
The less I seek my source for some definitive
The closer I am to fine.

“Closer To Fine” by Indigo Girls


The power of what they say and the simplest ways they say it. It’s so true that the less you seek the definitive, the closer you are to fine.


so we’re okay we’re fine
baby i’m here to stop your crying
chase all the ghosts from your head
i’m stronger than the monster beneath your bed
smarter than the tricks played on your heart
we’ll look at them together then we’ll take them apart
adding up the total of a love that’s true
multiply life by the power of two

“Power of Two” by Indigo Girls

I almost cried during this one. Are you kidding me? Stonger than the monster beneath my bed? Yes, welcome, come right on in.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~