6.10.2005

the light in the piazza

She said, “Italy?” And I said, “OK.”

No tickets have been bought yet, but I’m pretty serious about this. I’ve been itching for some good travel.

I think this will make a lot of people mad. I am on Financial Lockdown. It’s my term for being poor and watching what I spend very closely. And there are friends in faraway places that I could visit and there are birthday presents I never bought and… and … and… Well, here is the thing. I’m young. I’m single. I’m running out of single friends. The opportunities of trotting off to Italy on a whim are slimming down. I’ll take my Italys as they come and baby, I hope they’ve come.

“I’m a good traveler,” I said.
“I just hope you’re not a shopper,” she said.
“How can she be, she’s on Financial Lockdown,” said another.
“No, I’m a great traveler. I should be paid to do it,” I said.

So, if you feel inclined and want to see pictures from Italy then press the DONATE button on the right. And tell your friends and their friends and people, help! I’m going to have to take out a small loan, but I want to go to Italy, damnit!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~