9.11.2005

did i really shave my legs for this?


Deana Carter, a country singer, asked, “Did I shave my legs for this?” a few years ago on an album. Yeah, I figured at one point in my life I’d understand what she meant. I’ve gotten clues, hints of time wasted, but today, I got the full on picture.

I don’t know, sometimes I build things up in my mind and they tend to let me down, considerably. In one of my favorite chick flick movies a mentor figure says to Sabrina, the love longing main character, “Illusions are dangerous people.”

“I know,” I always want to say back to the screen, “but I can’t help but wish and dream for the perfect scenario.”

I’ve got to get over this because illusions are indeed dangerous people and they are in no way worth shaving your legs for.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~