11.07.2005

un-creative

This year for Halloween I did and didn’t do two things. First, I didn’t go to a Halloween party and then, I did. Right. Well, what happened was that I’ve been in a bit of a funk. That’s right, let’s just put it out there. It’s not like you couldn’t tell. I get quiet when the funk comes around and it’s been around for about a month now. I’m totally over it and yet, I’m not.

So, Halloween… a friend in D.C. had a party on the 21st, which I was thrilled to attend and then, I didn’t. I just couldn’t motivate. I just couldn’t get up the steam to propel me to drive 2 hours to hang out with 3 friends and 50 strangers. Weak, I totally know.

The next weekend, however, made up for it. I did more in the actual weekend of Halloween than I have in the whole month of October, thanks to the funk. What disguise did I grace the party as? Well, my cousin and I went as Paparazzi. That’s right, we put on our jeans, a shirt, a jacket, a baseball hat, and our cameras and we were done. It was the best and freest costume I’ve ever worn. “Un-creative,” you may cry, but you don’t know me and you don’t know my cousin and you have no idea how poor we are. In the grand scheme of our poorness, it was quite creative. Thank you very much.

In real life, my cousin is a photographer and one of the most amazing ones I’ve ever seen. I’ve tried to get her to start a blog and I even created one for her, but we can’t remember the address so it’s lost in bloggerland forever now. Plus, it had nothing on it. Still, I tried.

So, we were paparazzi and I would share the pictures with you of Angelina and Brad Pitt, Pedro and Deb, and the ghost who showed a group of girls his manhood, but I don’t post pictures of people here. Well, actually, here’s the ghost. He said and I quote, “The best thing about Halloween is that no one knows who you are?” “Have you seen my costume?” I wanted to ask, but it would have been lost on him. He was drunk and then he showed us his manhood. That will get you out of a month long funk like nothing I know.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~