7.21.2006

oh chuck it, i’m going to nantucket

A ferry to a fairyland? I hope. A $35 ride with bike in tow to the beach and black and white lighthouses. A little island for the rich, and me, for one week. We’ll see how it all pans out and I plan to take a lot of pictures. Notice the word “plan.” It’s a ten-hour drive and yes, if we were the wealthy set, we’d be flying probably by a chartered propeller plane. We are not and so we are not. We’ve been told it’s good whale watching country. Oh to see a whale. I’ve heard it’s healing, for the soul that is. I’ll let you know.

The weather is mild and that sounds wonderful to me. Wonderful enough for a long sleeve t-shirt. Do you know how much I love long sleeve t-shirts? I’ll be in bliss for a week and then I’ll come back and melt in the humidity that is Virginia.

I’m sure I’ll fall in love with the Sound like I always do. You can have the ocean; just don’t ever take away the Sound for me. The Sound is the playground of my youth and the first and only place I tried to learn to sail a boat. The Sound is what I love.

Of course, we are talking about a Yankee island. We’ll see how they do. We’ll see.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~