12.21.2006

christmas stressers

My nephew is getting to the age where I wonder when it is he will stop believing in Santa Claus. When exactly will he scoff at my exclamation that "Santa has a microphone hidden in the tree so he can hear whether or not you're being good." ? So far, so good although I'm a little stressed for the time when the realization does hit him and his friends let him on the big, fat lie that all adults throughout the world put upon children to enhance their free gift recieving experience. I'm not looking forward to simply because he has two little sisters and the amount of convincing that will have to take place that their older brother is actually crazy and synical makes my head hurt. I believe though that youth and the ultimate, undying belief in magic will win out and their innocent deception will remain intack for several more years. I hope at least.

Labels:

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~