7.09.2007

be


It's a hazy morning in Nantucket. The clouds have come to say good morning, but are making their stay a bit unwelcomed. I think hazy days are lazy days and I'm a bit happy for the reprieve. I did a 15 mile bike ride yesterday on a whim and my bum is a bit sore. I'd go again today, but I know that just 3 miles into it I would be cursing the bike seat and wishing against all creation that I was at home, horizontal and reading. I love Nantucket. There is no agenda here- just relax, play some tennis, go for a walk, ride your bike, eat a cookie, sit at the beach, go shopping, go kayaking, go fishing or just be. I plan to kayak. I never have before, but it is on my short list of things to do this summer and what better place than the sound in Nantucket, paddling around all the moored sailboats? Today though, after an impossibly delicous croisant from the Sconset Market, I am lazing it- taking the hint from the weather and just being- like the cloud that's hanging around outside and making the cool air just a bit too dense, so will I hang and maybe nap or read or play games or just be. I love it here. And yes, I wish you were here too, that would make it even better.

Labels: ,

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~