11.01.2004

a toast

K.L., she is my best friend and I am so honored to be here for this day. We have known each other for so long that I don’t remember the first time we met, which only means it was early in our childhood. But it wasn’t until high school that we bonded, in Calculus class to be exact. Because I am certainly not a nerd and knowing that K is, I partnered up with her on a project. Turns out, she had no idea what we where suppose to accomplish either so on our write up we just began making up a fairytale story full of calculus equations and two main characters, Pretty Anna and Pretty K. From then on this would be our name for one another. And contrary to what you might think, it has nothing to do with our fabulous looks. But, Kristi is not pretty, especially today. She is beautiful. She is beautiful in her spirit, in her life, and in her love. She has been with me and many friends in this room through good times and bad and her faithfulness and ease never waivers. She is the quintessential true and steadfast friend. She is indeed beautiful. I have always known that I was lucky to have K as a friend, especially through college. Even though she was at William and Mary and I at UVA and we were 2 hours away, we became closer. Emails, calling cards, and new cell phones became our link. We traveled to visit each other and even became friends with each other’s friends. We’ve added Pretty and D and Pretty M to our Pretty club. But, it wasn’t until grad. School after K had come to visit me for a weekend that a friend pointed out to me how close we really where. She said, “I wish I had a friend like K, you guys are so close, you finish each other’s sentences.” I had never realized this before, but that friend of mine was right. I am so blessed to have such a good and loyal friend in K and when she found J I knew she had met someone much the same. To K and J, I wish you the best and may I continue to be a part of your life together. To J, now that you’ve married her, it’s your turn to finish her sentences.

(There are bad grammatical errors, but I tried to punctuate it for the way that I read it. EATS, SHOOTS, AND LEAVES, more like Eats, Shoots and Kisses My Ass. And sorry.)

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~