9.28.2005

do the shuffle

I totally stole this meme from Petit Hiboux. I liked the idea of a sort of magic eight ball even though I do not in any way believe in that stuff. With this little game, you simply put your iPod, or in my case, your Shuffle, on random and see how it helps you answer the following questions. Well, since my Shuffle is only suppose to shuffle, I thought it might be an expert. I’m not so sure after this little game.

1. What do you think of me, Random Music Player?
Either Way by Guster

Thanks Shuffle, I could go either way with you too now that Nano has come around. So, ha.

2. Will I have a happy life?
Love Ridden by Fiona Apple

Great, so you’re telling me that trying to attain happiness will only let me down so I should just let that go now. Thanks Shuffle, Nano’s lookin’ even better.

Oh maybe Shuffle is wise beyond it’s gigabytes and it’s really telling to stop reaching and searching and that happiness will land, somehow, on my doorstep. Or maybe that’s me being romantic.


3. What do my friends really think of me?
Such Great Heights by The Postal Service

Well Shuffle, you’re all doom and gloom and then you tell me that my friends think I’m fabulous and then I start loving you again. Thanks for that song. I needed that.


4. What does my S.O. think of me?
We Will Become Silhouettes by The Postal Service

Even though this is a nil question for me, I tempted fate. Maybe we’re looking into the future a bit and apparently, while an upbeat and happy melody is about, the man in this song has locked himself INSIDE his house and has gone a bit crazy.


5. Do people secretly lust after me?
Clocks by Coldplay

Wow, apparently nothing else compares to me. And I am home.

6. How can I make myself happy?
Banana Split for My Baby by Louis Primo

Oh Shuffle, you know me tooooooooo well!


7. What should I do with my life?
As I’m Leaving by David Gray

What? I should leave and start over. I’ve done that before. I don’t really want to do it again. I’m getting old and I’m tired so I am decidedly not leaving. But, maybe, NYC is always calling. And London, my London.


8. Why must life be so full of pain?
Hoping, Longing, Waiting by Agents of Good Roots

Well, that's just fitting.


9. How can I maximize my pleasure during (censored- I don’t talk about such things)?
Baker Baker by Tori Amos

Fitting.


10. Can you give me some advice?
Fisherman’s Blues by The Waterboys

Funny thing is, today of all days, THAT song is appropriate.


11. What do you think happiness is?
Sleeping In by The Postal Service

Yeah, I think happiness is a Postal Service song too. Oh wait, you mean sleep. Well, I pretty much hold that sleep is second only to Nirvana so there you go.


12. Do you have any advice to give over the next few hours/days?
A Clean Pair of Eyes by David Gray

The only thing that I can garner from this is that you want me to go see David Gray in concert on Monday in DC, but I decided not to do that. So Shuffle, shhhhhhhhhhhh.


13. Will I die happy?
Stay or Leave by Dave Matthews

Leave it to my old pal Dave to wrap that up for me in heartache. Great.




I haven’t listened to my Shuffle in a way long time and now I’ve just spent about an hour with it, cooking and reading blogs and I have to say that 1- I listen to some good music and 2- Shuffle rocks my socks off.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~