2.18.2006

a good year

I could never be a true wine snob. I can’t wait for things to peak to open them up and share with everyone. At the beginning of things it’s hard to keep quiet. I like to talk. I like to tell. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m an open book. I’m a sophomoric cliché. To some extent, anyway.

It’s the possibility of the beginning of something and I can’t help but know in my heart that telling all is jinxing it, even this, this little bit of nothing makes me think I’m betraying what may or may not be. And yet, hear I am talking about something that I can’t even hold in my hand because it’s so much in the beginning.

Today I got a belated birthday card from a friend and she wrote, “to a year of adventure.” “I hope so, “ I wanted to say back to her and realized it was paper in my hand I would be talking to. Adventure and change and upheaval. I’m all for it, let’s see if it all for me.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~