3.24.2007

smoke in my eyes

I smell like smoke. After breakfast I smell like smoke. I hate that lingering odor after a meal out, but the lingering is usually after a night where smoke is inevitable and then I don't mind so much, but breakfast? BREAKFAST?

The food was fabulous, all greasy and runny eggs. Oh, I love breakfast food. My parents are in town and breakfast at a greasy spoon is something we do every once in a while. That once in a while was this morning at a new place that boasts the best red eye gravy. We didn't try the red eye or the brains and eggs or the salt herring and corn flakes or the fat back. Southern cooking can be odd at times, but when you smother a biscuit with sausage gravy, southern cooking is at its best and it is all wonderful.

Labels:

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~