11.27.2004

chrissentine

At my cousin's wedding in September, an old family friend stood up at the rehearsal dinner to toast B. and R. She told stories of babysitting B. when she was a little girl and about the funny things she would say. My favorite was "Chrissentine" which of course meant "Christmastime." It's my favorite time of year. I love the music and decorations and the thinking about gifts for friends and the food and the parties. I just love Christmas, always have. It's officially Christmastime. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I won't throw up hearing Christmas music or seeing decorations in October even before Halloween is over. I'm ready to even forgo my daily dose of NPR to listen to my non-stop Christmas music. I'm ready to get a tree and burn my Christmas scented candles. I'm ready to make toffee and the cheese and strawberry ring that is famous in our family. I'm ready for cold and sweaters and scarves and happiness. It's Chrissentine people, get merry!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~