10.12.2006

don’t go fishing

I see a picture of her, the Internet can be cruel that way, and think “that is the girl that he loves. She looks sweet and cute” and then I wonder what is it that makes me not her. Am I the opposite of sweet? Is there “don’t get to close” in my voice where she says, “come cuddle with me on the couch?” Am I too dark and she is lightness? She is the forever smile I only sometimes show. But, what’s to say that I don’t want to be the forever smile too, it’s just that I might need him to spur it. And there is no doubt that I want someone to see a picture of me and think, “That is the girl that he loves. She looks so sweet and so cute.”

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~