4.01.2007

pulling my leg

“This is gonna sound really weird,” I said, “but I requested the one who pulled my leg a lot.”

“You told me you liked that before,” she responded without a hint of strangeness.

“It’s my favorite part. I look forward to it the whole time.”

We were going for a full spa day including facials, massages and pedicures and when I told my best friend that I had requested a certain masseuse, the previous conversation occurred. She told me that I should request more leg pulling if it really was my favorite, but I said I couldn’t. “How can you say, ‘I really like it when you pull my legs.’ It just sounds weird,” I told her. And kinky and I believe massages are anything but kinky.

The spa day was a thirtieth year treat for the two of us. I had gotten a 2 for 1 special and thought that the best birthday present for my best friend would be one that I could enjoy too. And I did. A lot. I even think I fell asleep a little and I may have snored. My apologies to my sweet, leg pulling masseuse for that one. I’m sure I’m not the first.

“Did you ask her to pull your leg?” PK asked when we were through and heading in for the decallusing of our feet.

“No,” I simply said. “I just couldn’t, but I did enjoy it when she did.”

I was worn out. The toxins must have been revving through my body for months because that massage made me go home and fall asleep for several hours and my poor best friend was stuck in my house watching Marie Antoinette while I snored even though no one was pulling my leg.

Labels: , , ,

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blingo Self-Portrait Day
  • flickr!
  • ~ © Anna ~ it ain't Shakespeare, but it ain't yours either ~